You’ve worked for years to gain the expertise you have. People come to you because you’re the best in your field. You’re thinking about adding an online course to your business so you can monetize that experience and expertise into a passive income stream.
But is your idea really a course? Or is it just information?
There is an easy way to tell.
It’s just information if:
- There’s nothing to do with the information after people get it, and there’s no way to tell if they actually “got it”
- There’s no skill that you show
- There’s no change of heart, which in turn will change action
It’s can become a course if:
- People need to know what you know to do something with that knowledge and need specialized guidance or accountability in implementing that knowledge
- People depend on you to show them a skill and walk them through it step by step
- People can be motivated to adopt certain best practices in your industry
For us at Instruction Intelligence, an ecourse offers knowledge, skills and motivation in a structured platform that ensures that people are actually learning your content. It’s more than information, it’s how they can implement it. It’s more than a skills video, it’s step by step guidance with the right support materials to move people toward mastery. It’s more than a heart to heart, it’s a holistic approach to instilling professional values.
Most content experts have no formal training in how to educate. They know a lot, and sometimes have trouble translating that into something that will really move folks to the right kinds of activities. Our course development processes ensure that each learning module has a solid learning target, and that the content in the unit is designed to meet that learning target.
You don’t have to be a great educator to have a great online course – you just have to trust Instruction Intelligence with your content. We’ll make the educational eCourse magic happen. Click here to learn more.