Who doesn’t want a piece of a $15 Billion industry that’s projected to keep growing like mad?
The real question is why NOT an online course?
As specialists, we all have a folder full of old presentations dating back years and years. In fact, if you’re like me, you’ve got so many PowerPoints that there is no hope of finding them all. We could speak on just about any given topic in our fields of expertise at the drop of a hat.
The problem with this is that we are limited to the audience right in front of us at the current moment – whether that’s a professional development event on a Saturday or at the annual professional conference.
And you and I both know that by 5 minutes in, only about 30% of the audience is paying attention. The other 70% are starting to feel their hangover or are more interested in their social media feeds than in your slides.
So what’s the problem with that? Doesn’t everyone know that this not-paying-attention deal is part of the gig? For those of us who don’t want to cast our pearls before swine, this is a huge problem.
We put hours into developing material, finding images, perfecting the right anecdote. Of course, we want people to pay attention and actually get something from our presentation.
So – why NOT an online course?
You can go back and re-use those old presentations that you think no one is interested in anymore (mainly because you’re not interested in it anymore – but that doesn’t mean others would not eat up every word you had to say).
You get to chunk your material in smaller pieces so that your audience can take it in as they have time for it. They can also go back and review it as they need to – because people don’t always get it all on the first round, and sometimes your kid comes in with a boo-boo needing some TLC.
This can be a passive income stream for you. Remember – the online course business was a $15 Billion industry in 2015. Why shouldn’t you capture a piece of that pie?
Don’t know where to start? Don’t let that stop you. That’s where Instruction Intelligence comes into the picture. We develop and distribute elearning to the adult continuing education market all day, every day.